Maple Syrup Nutritional Value:
- A portion of ¼ cup of maple syrup contains 100% of the Daily Value of manganese.
- The sweetener provides 37% of the Daily Value of riboflavin, which aids in the metabolic process.
- Pure Canadian maple syrup contains 18% of the recommended Daily Value of zinc, which is essential for a healthy immune system.
Why is maple syrup one of the best sugar alternatives?
This healthy sweetener is 100% natural, pure and free of any coloring or additives. Boiled down directly from tree sap, which is harvested from the maple tree towards the end of winter, pure maple syrup is an unprocessed, authentic product of nature. White sugar, for example, is typically derived from sugar cane, and processed and purified before being sold. Because maple syrup is not processed, it contains higher levels of potentially beneficial minerals, including calcium, potassium, sodium and copper, making it the best sugar alternative.
Maple Syrup Nutrition Facts
1 tablespoon of maple syrup contains about:
- 7 milligrams manganese
- 8 milligrams zinc
- 4 milligrams calcium
- 8 milligrams potassium
- 2 milligrams iron
- 8 milligrams magnesium
8 Health Benefits of Maple Syrup
- Contains Numerous Antioxidants
- Gets a Lower Score on the Glycemic Index
- Fights Inflammatory Diseases
- May Help Protect Against Cancer
- Helps Protect Skin Health
- Alternative To Sugar For Improved Digestion
- Supplies Important Vitamins and Minerals
- Healthier Alternative to Artificial Sweeteners